The inclusion of STASY and OSY in the new privatization ‘super fund’ has prompted employees at the metro, electric railway and tram to launch a series of rolling strikes in protest.
Specifically, they have announced that they will go on strike on the following days:
- Monday 6 June: From the start of the shift until 10:00
- Wednesday 8 June: 12:00 to 16:00
- Friday 10 June: 22:00 to end of the shift
- Monday 13 June: From the start of the shift until 10:00
- Wednesday 15 June: 21:00 to the end of the shift
- Friday 17 June: 12:00 to 17:00
In their statement the employees stress that the decision to privatize urban transportation will result in more expensive tickets, less secure transportation and even fewer services. They also underline that the purpose of urban transportation is to serve the public and note generate profits.
Finally, the employees note that there has not been a Collective Labor Agreement in effect for the past three months and accuse the government and company management of undermining any efforts towards this goal, as part of the privatization plans.