ELSTAT: Retail turnover down 14.2% in April
ELSTAT has released its latest divs on retail, according to which there was a significant 14.2% drop in the retail turnover during April.
The Greek Statistics Authority data indicates that all sectors have been affected by the turnover fall, including super markets:
- Fuel and automobile lubricants: -16.9%
- Super markets: -16.3%
- Food, drink and tobacco: -16%
- Pharmaceutical and cosmetics: -12.4%
- Clothing and footwear: -9.6%
- Books and paper goods: -5.3%
- Furniture, electrical and white goods: -4%
- Shopping malls: -2.5%
Compared to a year ago, the April 2013 volume index of fuel was reduced by 14.2%, while the turnover value ratio of fuel (in current prices) was reduced by 14.7%.